Pages

Monday 27 May 2013

Toxic Faith

     I've been reading Bro. Bo's blogs and so I decided to make a reflection and write something about his latest blog entry "Get Rid of Toxic Faith".

     First, I did not know that term. I did not know about this thing called "Toxic Faith". I didn't know it existed until I read Bro. Bo's blog and understood what that is and I would like to share it with you.

     When I was younger, I thought that God would punish me or I'll receive "karma" if I forget to pray within the day. As I grew up, my mother taught me that God is not like that.

     So a person with Toxic Faith thinks that when he/she wasn't able to pray or attend mass, God will punish him/her. Indeed I know some people who tells me that if I miss a day of prayer, I will be punished by God and I will be thrown into hell immediately when I die. It was scary then but later on, I told them that God is a forgiving God. He still loves a person even if they are not prayerful. God is not demanding.

     I have a lot of hardships and failures in the past but I know God loves me because I wouldn't be where I am now if it weren't for his guidance. I'm just 21 and I am happy that I am already receiving this freedom from toxic faith. I hope many people will realize this earlier than I did because I know it feels good when you are molded into good faith at a very young age. God would be so proud of you.

    I hope you can avoid toxic faith too.

    God Bless everyone. :)

P.S.
     I know I'm not a good writer. Try to visit Bro. Bo's blog at www.bosanchez.ph he explains it better than I do so you can understand it easily. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment